OPERA CAR, ENGLISH NATIONAL OPERA
A seventeenth century Italian opera updated to 1940’s Eastern Europe. The car was owned by a con man who toured around selling the elixir of love. This exotic mobile shop included a pulpit, his display case , the bottling plant and a handy bouncy castle for any passing children. The car is electrically powered with four wheel steering.
Commissioned by Jude Kelly and The English National Opera in 1998